I've been involved in just about every type of sales organization and have had to grow several of them. One of the best ways to find sales reps that will work for commission is to find other organizations that currently employ the type of reps that you'd like to hire.
Here's how to go about it:
1. Make a list of companies with a similar sales team to the one you'd like to build yourself.
2. Search on LinkedIn using advanced search. Look up sales reps that worked at these companies in the past.
3. Analyze the duration of the sales reps at these companies. You're looking for a pattern in consistently short stays at a company. When you find that you're probably dealing with a high turnover sales team.
4. Start reaching out to some of the sales people that had left and ask about their experiences there. You can use this time to confirm that these are the types of reps you would want to hire as well.
5. Take the feedback from the former reps and start to develop your pitch. Show them why working at your company is better than the former. Make their lives better and blow up your team!
Hope this helps. Glad to discuss other hiring strategies in detail, just call.