So I have a business/product that is aligned with past home sales. I want to incentivize brokers for referrals. What would be the best email approach to get the sales manager on the phone?
I am a real estate broker and my first suggestion is lose the word "Pitch". How about using the word present as an alternative. That is from Tom Hopkins book by the way.
As a broker, I get so many "pitches" in my email account that most people have no clue that the email I advertise is really my junk email. So that being said it doesn't reach me. I delete them all.
A straight up phone call would be better than a sneaky email and your conversion rates will be much higher. Consider this. If you send emails out you will be lucky to get a 3% return call or response. I'd say it will be on the lines of 1% unless you have something that is so good it catches on real quick.
Your product must be able to solve a problem and save a ton of time in this industry or it's going to be overlooked.
Here are some brief things that get my attention IF I see an an email or if someone calls me.
1) Say on sentence that tells me if I am interested in what you have.
2) If that one sentence doesn't get a response like I am interested then GET OFF THE PHONE.
3) Send a thank you note for taking the call and give a little info on the what I call "call me cards". It's a postcard and not a letter you have to open. You can make cheap ones on your computer with stock online or get them at an office supply. Other options would be to order bulk online.
4) Consider you website and is it informative.
5) Make a video. Videos get more responses than typical websites because you don't have to read you listen.
6) I'd be careful emailing people just because of the spam laws. If they click through your provider that you are spamming you could easily get on spam list which would not be good for your company image.
7) Trade shows are awesome, but expensive. Figure 5k minimum.
8) Sponsor a free real estate seminar and have guest speakers. Then at that end tell about your product. You will have a captive audience.
9) Develop a brandable domain and a searchable domain. You can call me for more info on this.
10) Advertise in Realtor magazines.
11) Have a website where they can join as an affiliate. Once they join and place their code on your website they are paid referral fees through the link.
12) Automation online will be the key to your success in my opinion.
13) Use Linkedin.com today. Friend Realtors and then post things randomly so they see your post. Don't email them though.
Hope some of these ideas work for you.