Jared StarkStartup attorney. Let's make your dream a reality.

After working at a top law firm, I now practice my passion -- helping entrepreneurs start and grow their businesses. Experienced with incorporation/formation, financing, trademark and copyright, employment law, and general business law.

Recent Answers

Congratulations on the new company. You can outsource work by using an independent contractor agreement. However, you should be careful to ensure that the agreement protects the ownership of your intellectual property and protects the confidential information of your client. Please feel free to reach out if you'd like to discuss how to accomplish this.

Congratulations on your launch!

As a startup lawyer, I can give you some of the legal checklist items.

First, you should consider forming a corporation or LLC for the startup. If you've already done this then you're off to a good legal start. You should make sure you have a decent set of Bylaws or a good Operating Agreement so that you can document the ownership and management appropriately.

Second, you should ensure that you have a well drafted Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. The Terms of Service should contain information about payment and subscription terms, content restrictions, and appropriate disclaimers. The Privacy Policy should comprehensively list every piece of personal information you may collect and should accurately describe how you'll use or disclose that information.

Finally, you may wish to trademark your app name or logo if it is unique.

Feel free to schedule a call if you have any legal related questions about your startup!

Congratulations on your growing startup! I'm a business lawyer and I've formed hundreds of corporations, LLCs, and partnerships.

Incorporation sounds like the right next step for you. However, I'm not sure NV is the right answer. Some people choose NV because of its perceived privacy protection, but I actually prefer the protections offered by other states, including Delaware. You'll also hear people tell you that you can save on taxes by incorporating in Nevada, but this isn't necessarily true. If you're operating offices in CA and MI, you'll need to register as a "foreign corporation" in those states, and you may be subject to their taxes anyway.

I would suggest Delaware or California, but I'd need to know a bit more to give you the pros and cons of each and ultimately make a recommendation. If you'd like to arrange for a call, I'd be happy to speak.

Contact on Clarity

$ 2.00/ min

4.98 Rating
Schedule a Call

Send Message






Access Startup Experts

Connect with over 20,000 Startup Experts to answer your questions.

Learn More

Copyright © 2024 Startups.com LLC. All rights reserved.